Photo Courtesy: BoiledBean Studio
A short list:
- Less is more.
- Apprentice, practice, Journeyman, practice, Master, practice¹.
- Before you start, close your eyes and pre-visualize the end result².
- Master one dish really well.
- It takes an hour to prepare and ten minutes to consume. The process is the purpose.
- Use simple but purposeful tools. Keep them clean and shining.
- Always taste your food.
- Adding is easier than subtracting. That said, subtracting can be learned.
- Let the food breath.
- Accidents will happen.
- Skills, confidence, comfort, creativity and practice are the keys to mastery.
- Mindfulness is important. Flow is even more important.
- Precision is important. Intuition is even more important.
- Best inspiration comes from the most unassuming teachers.
- You are alone in the kitchen. No one can see you³.
- Shu Ha Ri
- Pre visualization
- Julia Child: Cut-Up in the Kitchen